We are currently looking for volunteers to help turn our park into a magical wonderland of light on August 25th, 2018. There are multiple volunteer positions available and we encourage you to involve your family and friends. We are always looking for new and returning volunteers as this event could not go on without your dedication and hard work.
Are you an outgoing person looking to assist people with accurate information? Why don’t you consider becoming an information assistant for the Lumiere Festival and guide people to their proper destination.
Do you have an active imagination? Are you crafty? Each year the Lumiere festival fills Stanley Park with hundreds of home made lanterns. Would you like to be a part of the building or lantern care team? If yes, this is the volunteer category for you.
We need groups to take care of various lantern sections along the stroll as well as other areas in the park. If you could help set up our lanterns, light them and help take them down at the end then this is the job for you!
- Help vendors set up (tables, tents, etc.)
- Adjust lanterns for lighting
- Listen out for assignments to other parts of the festival
Performing Arts Coordinator
- Attend volunteer orientation evening to ensure artist volunteers know who to report to on the day
- Introduce self to artists via e-mail or in person so they know who their contact is on the day
- Label donation jars for individual performers to ensure no confusion when cash is counted
- Greet performers and give them a rundown of where to set up if they haven’t been to Lumiere before
- Assign volunteers to each performance area to ensure donations are collected
- Introduce artists at performance areas, encourage people to donate, etc.
Sales and Fundraising Volunteers
- Collect donations from festival-goers
Lantern Making Workshop
- Help children create their own lanterns at the festival
Other volunteer positions are available
To join our team, please e-mail: email@example.com
Please specify in your email which volunteer position you prefer.